transforma bxl is a coworking and innovation ecosystem hosting a community of entrepreneurs, innovators and creatives. Our mission is to empower all types of entrepreneurs to innovate and to accelerate the development of their businesses. Startups, corporates, SMEs, organisations and public institutions are welcome in transforma bxl to:
- organise collaborative meetings/events
- innovate through tailor-made innovation programs/workshops
- prototype their products from idea to market in our makerspace
- access professional logistics services with our professional warehouse
- meet wonderful changemakers
… and much more.
Our culture is inspired by liberated companies. We rely heavily on personal initiative, collaboration and intrapreneurship on a daily basis. We empower our colleagues to take ownership of their roles and treat them as their own responsibility.
We are looking for the next superstar in our team to manage the makerspace “Cityfab2” we host in transforma bxl in partnership with the Brussels region.
If you are a maker who is inspired by helping others prototype and if you are up for the challenge to manage a promising prototyping space focused on IoT and new medias then this job might be for you.
You are the first responsible for the activities of the makerspace. You are responsible for maintaining and repairing any makerspace equipment, or contracting the right technicians to do that. You make sure that all users of the makerspace have received an appropriate training to be able to use the equipment in safe conditions, and you provide them with the necessary assistance to be able to run their projects independently.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Day‐to‐day running and management of the FabLab;
- Ensure optimal operation of the FabLab.
- Develop, plan and deliver trainings and workshops
- Provide technical support to FabLab users on processes, equipment and manufacturing techniques
- Provide first‐line technical support and maintenance for on‐site Fabrication
- Carry out day‐to‐day maintenance and cleaning duties in the FabLab to maintain a tidy, clean and safe working environment and prolong the useful life of FabLab equipment and materials
- As responsible for the organisation and inventory management of supplies and equipment., you manage onsite logistics, order materials, and ensure equipment is up to date and in proper working condition.
- Establish safety protocoles and measures, then make sure that they are respected at all times.
- You have a proven interest in creativity, DIY and making
- You have an extended experience with fabrication equipment such as a laser cutter, CNC mill, woodworking tools and other rapid prototyping technology and equipment.
- You have an extended experience with 3D printers
- Familiarity with embedded electronics is a strong plus.
- You have experience with image editing, CAD/CAM applications, and design software.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and you are able to deal effectively with the the users and community members.
Do you fit our culture?:
We are looking for an energetic and independent person who is passionate about making and educating others in making, with experience in makerspace equipment and a continuous curiosity to learn.
For this role in particular, we need someone with strong intrapreneurial skills who is able to take the Make activity in transforma bxl to the next level. You will work directly with the CEO for mentoring and support, while collaborating with the rest of the team (communication, community management, partnerships, admin, fablab management…)
- Full time contract (freelance contract also an option as per your preference)
- Meal vouchers of 8€ per working day
- Phone and Data subscription
- Innovative and refreshing work environment, great team and a “YES you can” mindset.
If you are interested in this job offer, send us your CV and cover letter to this email address:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org