Why you should attend? The Corporate Startup workshop is
Why you should attend?
The Corporate Startup workshop is a one-day workshop by Dan Toma and is specifically designed for enterprises willing or working on innovation projects. Dan Toma comes from an entrepreneurial background.
He has been involved with technology startups across the world is co-author of The Corporate Startup book. He has worked with several multinationals and various government bodies, helping developing national innovation ecosystems and implement national innovation strategies. The work experience gathered from the public and private sector makes him an expert on the subject of corporate startup and ecosystem design.
What will you get?
This workshop will address in-depth The Corporate Startup and lean innovation ecosystem. We will also get into the design of lean innovation ecosystem and look at corporate startup tools and methods. This includes:
- how ecosystem design in your corporate environment can impact innovation more effectively
- risk vs. uncertainty
- identify the barriers in the organization from a lean project perspective
how to turn lessons from lean projects into an organizational change (tactics)
Who should attend?
This workshop is great for anyone working on innovation such as innovation managers, product managers, innovators, intrapreneurs, business developers, trainees. Anyone who is struggling with ecosystem design within their corporate environment should follow this workshop.
Welcome to a workshop for all who have past the hype and realized that building an organization that drives innovation requires new skills, ideas, and tactics. Building a Lean Innovation Ecosystem has a clear purpose: It is about the entire organization, re-imagined and re-designed, to maximize innovation flow so that everyone is collaborating in the creation of value within focused teams. Just like startups do.
But we all know where the real challenge is: A lean startup initiative will be eaten alive by functional silos, policies, and systems of past successes, in almost any company.
In this workshop, you will learn the mindset, tactics, and roadmap you can use to create an organizational context in which innovation thrives. Doing projects with lean startup does not make your organization an innovation power house. Many lean startup projects suffer from the corporate immune system, organizations can though develop a setting in which innovation thrives and innovation projects will proceed faster. As not one organization is the same, and each has its own unique systems and culture. You will need to learn the strategies and tactics to transform the organization and create custom solutions.
The workshop gives you an opportunity to learn directly from Dan Toma who has been deploying Lean Startup across several enterprises and is co-author of the ground-breaking book The Corporate Startup. The lessons learned from those engagements feed directly into this workshop, enabling you to kick off and significantly accelerate your own organization’s transformation.
- Fit different types of innovation into your organization
- Create structures that support innovation so it becomes a smooth process
- Bring the principles of lean into developing an innovation ecosystem
- Tactics to cope with the organization while innovating
‘What many realize too late is that creating systems to allow others to act entrepreneurially is not the same as creating a thing. It’s a totally different kind of work that requires a completely different skill set.’ Eric Ries – Author of The Lean Startup
The one-day workshop is specifically designed for enterprises willing or working on innovation projects. We will cover:
- The Corporate Startup, startups and lean innovation ecosystem
- The design of lean innovation ecosystem
Other highlights are the core ecosystem design and corporate startup tools and methods. We will focus on how ecosystem design in your corporate environment can impact innovation more effectively. These are some of the topics that will be covered:
- Risk vs. uncertainty
- Identify the barriers in the organization from a lean project perspective Introduce and analyse the core components of TheCorporate Startup: Innovation Thesis, Innovation Strategy, Ecosystem Design and Community & Culture
- How to think like a stock exchange broker when managing innovation How to manage your portfolio and create your action plan towards a balanced portfolio
- Developing an innovation thesis
- How you need to be aware of the blockers in your internal and external environment
- How prioritizing your ecosystem’s blockers will dictate your path to innovation ecosystem development success
- How to design an experiment tackling an innovation ecosystem blocker before committing too many resources trying to overcome it
You’ll receive a certificate of completion from Startup Spirit and Dan Toma.
Author – The Corporate Startup
Dan Toma is an innovation thought leader and the author The Corporate Startup (Vakmedien, 2017)
Dan comes from an entrepreneurial background. He has been involved with technology startups across the world and is an innovation community leader in Europe. (Read more..)
(Monday) 09:00 - 16:45