Blockchain for non-technical people! The goal of the project
Blockchain for non-technical people!
The goal of the project is to explain blockchain through interactive activities to fully grasp the workings and features of blockchain. Indeed a revolutionary technology, blockchain stands today as the backbone of a new type of internet. The implications for law and society are many. The main concepts discussed in the course are the basis to understand these implications. Ready to immerse in the experience?
- Understand through experiences what is blockchain and what is it for.
- Understand the key features of blockchain.
- Grasp the con and pros of blockchain and the challenges for the future.
- Maintain an open dialogue to clarify as many possible questions.
8:00: Arrival and Coffee/Tea
8:15 – 10:30:
- Peer-to peer-networks and distributed storage.
- What is blockchain and what are its uses?
- How does blockchain work?
- Private vs Public blockchains.
- A cryptocurrency is not just money.
- Is the Blockchain secure? Transparent? Accountable?
10:30 – 10:45: Coffee/Tea Break
- Changing our conceptual understanding of trade, ownership, and trust (Decentralising Trust)
- Smart Contracts and different blockchain applications in different industries.
- Different ways to reach consensus to minimize energy impact.
- The future of blockchain.
Instructor: Jean-Luc Verhelst
- Author of the book Bitcoin, the Blockchain and Beyond.
- Co-Founder of the blockchain community HIVE.brussels.
- Member of the EU Blockchain Observatory Forum at the European Commission.
- Winner of the 2016 international blockchain hackathon.
- Passionate about how blockchain can shape our future.
When? November 21 / 8 am – 12:45 pm
Where? 13 Av Jules Bordet – 1140 Evere
Access? Our private parking spaces and bike shed are at your disposal. In case they are full, you can park for free on our side of the street (the other side requires a parking disc). Public transports:
- Stib: 80, 45, 69, 64, 59, 16, 62, 55
- De Lijn: 178, 270, 271, 272, 470, 471, 620
- SNCB: S5, S7 (5min. from the Bordet station)
Price? 390€/person (VAT excluded)
*Photo credit : Samuel Zeller on Unsplash