A 2 Day Masterclass on Designing New Growth
A 2 Day Masterclass on Designing New Growth Strategies and Ventures through Corporate Entrepreneurship & Strategic Innovation
Every successful company must eventually answer the same basic question: How do you establish new growth strategies and business opportunities from within your organization? This workshop was developed to help you answer that question.
The Art of Opportunity is about how strategic innovation and business design thinking can grow existing businesses and create completely new ones by discovering opportunities for new growth and crafting strategies to seize these opportunities. Strategy is essentially about making choices about where to play and how to win. Strategic management theories offer frameworks to guide our thinking, help develop answers to these questions and make such choices.
The approach and concepts of The Art of Opportunity provide fresh and modern ways to look at these questions, enabling you to come up with more innovative answers than yesterday’s traditional strategic management approaches might offer.
Based on and delivered by the authors of The Art of Opportunity the workshop provides hands-on experience with a profound, yet practical, framework for strategic innovation.
What you’ll learn?
- How to use entrepreneurial management to design new growth businesses
- How to discover and seize new growth opportunities
- How to launch new growth strategies and ventures from within established companies
- How to lead and organize for corporate entrepreneurship and innovation
- How to create and manage a portfolio of innovation experiments
- How to align your innovation efforts with your strategy
- How to make your company more entrepreneurial and innovative
Who should attend?
Senior executives, VPs, business unit managers, strategists, innovators, business developers, marketing and sales executives, business innovation leaders and teams, new business leaders and teams, intrapreneurs and entrepreneurs, owners, managers and directors of SMEs, who want to take their organization to the next level, finding and building new business opportunities and creating competitive advantage.
Key Topics Covered
The Entrepreneurial Toolbox
- An introduction to modern entrepreneurial management approaches
- Business Design Thinking
- Agile & Lean
- Job to be done theory
Discovering New Growth Opportunities
- Applying design thinking and job to be done theory to find opportunities for new growth
- Underserved and neglected customers
- Understanding customer needs and motivations
Designing New Growth Strategies and Businesses
- Innovating your offering: products, services and customer experiences
- Innovating your business model: activities, resources, partners
- Innovating your revenue model: revenue streams, pricing mechanisms and payment
- Three types of value propositions: customer value, firm value and ecosystem value
Test, Validate and Launch Your New Growth Business
- The Lean Strategy process for launching your new growth strategy
- Using design sprints for your innovation project
- Three steps to validate your business
- Applying lean and agile principles to validate your idea
- Launch and scale your new business
- Aligning innovation to your strategy
- Using a strategic approach to innovation and an innovative approach to strategy
- Creating a breakthrough strategic innovation portfolio
Leading for Intrapreneurship & Innovation
- Organizing for intrapreneurship & innovation
- Building innovative teams and organizations
- Leading the organizational transformation through storytelling and visual thinking
- The Corporate Entrepreneur: mindset and abilities needed
- Your personal action plan for leading innovation in your company
Learning style and language
This seminar uses an interactive approach, specifically involving:
- Highly interactive sessions and facilitated discussions
- Exercises and group work, application of tools
- Work on actual business case studies and real-life examples
- English will be the language of instruction and a considerable amount of ‘business language’ may be used. Delegates are expected to participate fully in the intensive group discussions, and should, therefore, have sufficient knowledge of English.
Author – The Corporate Startup
Dan Toma is an innovation thought leader and the author The Corporate Startup (Vakmedien, 2017)
Dan comes from an entrepreneurial background. He has been involved with technology startups across the world and is an innovation community leader in Europe. (Read more..)
Marc Sniukas, DBA
Author & Keynote Speaker, Professor, Partner at Territory, a global strategy and innovation consultancy
Dr. Marc Sniukas is a global expert on strategic innovation and corporate entrepreneurship, author of The Art of Opportunity (Wiley 2016), co-founder of The Business Model Gallery – The World’s Largest Business Model Database at www.businessmodelgallery.com and member of the founding team of Territory, a global strategy and innovation consulting company (www.territory.co). (Read more..)
18 (Tuesday) 09:00 - 19 (Wednesday) 17:00