Waterways for smart transport
Join us during a whole day
Join us during a whole day to unlock opportunities offered by waterways transport. Learn from real cases and support your decision-making.
There will be a unique combination of new topics, new entrants (incl. start-ups) and afternoon co-creation workshops in order to go beyond traditional conferences.
The aim of this working seminar is to facilitate business relations in the inland waterways transport sector and to create awareness on the related opportunities considering its growth across Europe and the many competitive advantages it can offer compared to other means of transport.
Speakers and attendees will be representing diversity amongst the whole value chain including SMEs, start-ups, large companies, clusters, research groups, investment firms, pilots, operators, city distributors, authorities, etc.
The day will start with interactive presentations providing key lessons learned, success stories, addressing challenges and failures and inspiring with innovation and trends.
It will continue with afternoon co-creation workshops (operation, finance and innovation) where participants will be able to address problems in an open environment and build track of solutions that will be exploitable immediately.
Each participant will come back with added-value elements aligned with its own centre of interest.
- New opportunities for SMEs: The case of André Celis and AB Inbev
- Waterways in Belgium : an underrated asset
- Key elements of the financing of the inland waterways transport sector
- Dynamic waterways management fostering prosperity and sustainability
- Successful expansion across Europe using inland waterways transport
- A pilot’s perspective on the constraints and complementarities
- How smart technology can help the transportation sector to comply with regulations
- Software solution for the carriage of dangerous goods
- A logistical platform for palletized goods using inland waterways
- The four waves in the inland waterways sector: models and approaches to support the transition
- Real-time ship location for transport management
- Virtual reality for immersive training environment and navigation e-learning
– Parallel workshops: Operation, Finance and Innovation
– B2B meetings and networking